While preparing for their exams students always waste their time deciding the right study material out of the enormous options available in the market. Most students end up choosing the wrong study material which may even lead them to failure. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t study from reference books. Students should look beyond the textbook so that they can learn and discuss topics in a creative, problem-solving and innovative manner.
While choosing these reference books for studies, students need to be alert as some books are being called as reference books just to make quick and filthy money. Nowadays, for the students of CBSE, ICSE or any of the State Boards get ample number of reference books available in the market. These books encourage students to be thoughtful, aware and alert. For eg: Students of Rajasthan Board can refer to their textbook solutions available class and subject wise in the market such as RBSE Solutions For Class 11, 12, etc. These reference books will help students to clear their doubts so that they can ace in their exam.
Few of the advantages of studying from reference books
- Some textbooks provide only superficial information. In such situations, reference books can be very useful as they can bridge the gap between concise and comprehensive.
- Reference books have a good amount of questions for the students to practice and master at any subject or topic.
- For easier concepts, textbooks are useful. But for learning difficult topics, reference books are suggested.
- Students must go through reference books to gain additional insights which are not usually provided in textbooks.
- Reference books can provide a wider perspective on various concepts and topics.
But, students should not completely depend on reference books for study purpose. If they want to score well in their exam, they should be thorough with their respective textbooks simultaneously. For students of CBSE Board NCERT textbooks always prove to be beneficial and for State Board students their respective board textbooks should be referred. For eg: Rajasthan Board students should refer to their respective class wise textbooks such as RBSE Class 11 textbooks.
Students can also subscribe to our BYJU’S YouTube Channel to watch and learn through interactive videos to understand complex concepts, better.